|“Marcus is the ultimate Vetruvian man”|
|Marcus’ work ethic is why his career has
had such great longevity
|Marcus training with Chains|
|Lee Brandon, CSCS (Strength and Conditioning Specialist coach) with Marcus|
|Marcus Rogan and Michael Alexandrov Driving hard in preparation for London 2012
*Special thanks to Judy Francesconi for Photographs.
A Legend of the sport is someone who has made significant contributions or achieved uncommon accomplishments en route to leaving an indelible mark on the history of the sport. These are individuals who have set new standards, created new trends and driven the bar to new heights as they have blazed the trails of their careers.
Without individuals like Marcus Rogan, the Olympic Sport of Swimming would have less to measure itself against. The swimming world, minus Marcus’s involvement, would likely be in a much less advanced state than it is.
|Full name||Markus Antonius Rogan|
|College team||Stanford Cardinal (USA) (2000-2004)|
|Date of birth||4 May 1982 (age 28)|
|Place of birth||Vienna, Austria|
|Height||6′ 5″ (195 cm)|
|Weight||205 lbs (93 kg)|
- ^ “2004 Olympic Games swimming results”. CNN. Retrieved 2007-07-22.
- ^ “Montreal 2005 Results”. Archived from the original on 2007-01-28. Retrieved 2007-06-09.
- ^ “12th FINA World Championships”. Archived from the original on 2007-06-06. Retrieved 2007-06-09.
- ^ “Austria’s Rogan can’t wait to get out of pool”. The Boston Globe. 2008-08-14. Retrieved 2008-08-14.
- ^ Press statement of Reiler (in German)